Friday, September 8, 2017

446


BOOK OF WORDS
A postage stamp, a convenient
Scar of mimicry
Your cool sentiment , all lies

I could return thus postcard
Address unknown
But to stoop to your mimicry

No no I decree more finesse
To starlight and twinkle
And my forever happy heart
BOOK OF WORDS © gillena cox 2017

Bllog hopping with imaginary garden

Words Count with Mama Zen
Challenged to write a new poem from a given list of words: "mimicry, testament, rapture, cool, dachshund, cherubim, heretic, infinitesimal, convenient, serendipity" Chose three words from the above list and compose a little bit of brilliance of sixty words or less. Bonus points if you title your poem "Book of Words."

Revisit
9 September 2015

18 comments:

  1. It's terrible to be lied to when there is supposedly a serious relationship. I was the recipient of that back before I ever married. She dated me for over a year until her real boy friend, off in the Air Force, returned for good. I remember the enjoyable moments, the hurt from my roommate while I was still hurting from her. Those things one doesn't forget. Just accept as life.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your appreciation Jim

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think some lying bastards shall just be forgotten...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your appreciation BjΓΆrn

      Much love...

      Delete
  4. Loved the poem Gillena. Often the ties of marriage seem like shackles so should be let loose, especially if we can find happiness in a different place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, good about your 'forever happy heart'. (Happiness is the best revenge.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (✿◠‿◠)thanks for your appreciation Rosemary

      much love...

      Delete
  6. I agree, being happy is the best payback ever! Beautifully executed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (✿◠‿◠)thanks for your appreciation Sanaa
      much love...

      Delete
  7. No no I decree more finesse
    To starlight and twinkle
    And my forever happy heart

    A hard stand will show him who's boss! Good show Gillena!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy heart is always a good place to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your appreciation Paul

      Much 😍 love

      Delete
  9. I agree with the other comments; happiness really is the best revenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you dropped by to read mine Mama

      Much 😍 love

      Delete
    2. Thanks for dropping by Monika

      Much 😍 love

      Delete